by Troy Kitch
on Oracle Blogs
See other posts from Oracle Blogs
or by Troy Kitch
Published on Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:57:52 -0800 Indexed on 2010/12/12 6:24 UTC
Read the original article Hit count: 613
The recent Top 6 Database Security Worst Practices webcast revealed the Top 6, and a bonus 7th , database security worst practices:
- Privileged user "all access pass"
- Allow application bypass
- Minimal and inconsistent monitoring/auditing
- Not securing application data from OS-level user
- No SQL injection defense
- Sensitive data in non-production environments
- Not securing complete database environment
These practices are uncovered in the 2010 IOUG Data Security Survey. As part of the webcast we looked at each one of these practices and how you can mitigate them with the Oracle Defense-in-Depth approach to database security. There's a lot of additional information to glean from the webcast, so I encourage you to check it out here and see how your organization measures up.
© Oracle Blogs or respective owner