I am a business guy who is about to embark on a very risky journey to start this own software company.
I have done sales for several software companies and in the last 8 years, I have managed to generate over $15 million in pure SAAS revenues for my employers. I think now its time to do it for myself and see where I can take the business.
I have an idea in mind which I would like to develop and have been speaking with several companies who I may hire to convert that idea into a SAAS based offering.
I am scared of the following:
- Being ripped off as I have no technical knowledge
- Building something and realizing the foundation was weak, not scalable etc.
Can anyone help me identify what I need to do before I sign a software development company to start my project.
- What do I need to know?
- What is the typical cost?
- What is a realistic time frame?
- Which coding language is better?
- What steps can I take to prevent myself from being ripped-off?
© Programmers or respective owner