Announcing the new Oracle Retail Workspace, A Configuration of Oracle WebCenter Spaces 22.214.171.124 for Oracle Retail
by Oracle Retail Documentation Team
on Oracle Blogs
See other posts from Oracle Blogs
or by Oracle Retail Documentation Team
Published on Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:32:33 +0000 Indexed on 2012/06/11 22:44 UTC
Read the original article Hit count: 476
For the Oracle Retail 13.2.x enterprise, Oracle Retail Workspace 13.2.4 replaces previous versions of Oracle Retail Workspace. Oracle Retail Workspace 13.2.4 is a supported configuration of Oracle WebCenter Spaces 126.96.36.199 for Oracle Retail.
Supported Product Overview
In order to provide a next-generation Oracle user engagement platform for the retail industry, Oracle Retail Workspace leverages WebCenter Spaces. Oracle Retail Workspace is not a licensed retail application with any code. Instead, retailers purchase the underlying technology and then leverage the Oracle Retail Workspace Implementation Guide to configure a portal utilizing Oracle WebCenter Spaces. Oracle Retail Workspace has been repositioned as a configuration of Oracle WebCenter Spaces for the following reasons:
- The Oracle Retail Workspace configuration utilizes the external application functionality and the application navigator taskflow of the Oracle WebCenter Framework to configure Oracle Retail applications in Oracle WebCenter Spaces.
- The Oracle WebCenter Framework improves IT development cycle times by blending Web 2.0 services, processes, business intelligence, and transactions in an integrated JSF framework. The Oracle WebCenter Spaces 11g offers features provided by the previous versions of Oracle Retail Workspace that enable retailers to leverage a productive portal-based environment.
List of Documents
The following are included in Workspace 13.2.4, A Configuration of WebCenter Spaces 188.8.131.52 for Oracle Retail
- Oracle Retail Workspace Release Notes
- Oracle Retail Workspace Implementation Guide
Workspace Retail Library—Unsupported
The Oracle Retail Workspace Retail Library is comprised of previously-published accelerator documents and sample code downloads hosted on My Oracle Support. They are not supported, nor are they associated with the support lifecycle of the Workspace application.
Doc ID: 1461281.1: Oracle Retail Workspace Retail Library
- Oracle Retail Workspace Retail Library Reference Guide
A set of Micro-Applications that can be used to perform some of the operations of Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) from outside the application. This document describes the functional and technical design details of the Micro-Applications available in this release, including the following and more:
- Create Regular Item
- Create Purchase Order
- Item Transfer
- Update Vendor
- Oracle Retail Fashion Planning Bundle Reports documentation
The Oracle Retail Fashion Planning Bundle Reports package includes role-based Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Enterprise Edition (EE) reports and dashboards that provide an illustrative overview highlighting the Fashion Planning Bundle solutions. These dashboards can be leveraged out-of-the-box or can be used along with the other dashboards and reports that may have already been created to support a specific solution or organizational needs. This package includes dashboards for the Assortment Planning, Item Planning, Item Planning Configured for COE, Merchandise Financial Planning Retail Accounting, and Merchandise Financial Planning Cost Accounting applications.
- Oracle Retail Accelerators for WebLogic Server 11g Micro-Applications Development Tutorial
This tutorial describes how you can create a Micro-Application for the Create a Regular Item task in the Retail Merchandising System (RMS) application using Oracle JDeveloper and ADF.
- Retail Accelerators: Developing ADF Reports for RPAS
This document illustrates how you can use the Oracle Application Development Framework 11g (ADF) to generate reports that provide insights from the Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server (RPAS) based applications.
- Oracle Retail Accelerators Guide for WebCenter 11g
Oracle Retail Accelerators Guide for WebCenter 11g describes how you can integrate Oracle Retail applications with Oracle WebCenter Spaces and customize WebCenter Spaces to include custom-developed content.
- Oracle Retail Accelerators, Developing Oracle BI EE reports on RPAS Domain Data
This document illustrates how you can set up the integration between BI EE and RPAS domains to generate BI EE reports and dashboards for RPAS.
- Oracle Retail Accelerators, Developing Oracle BI EE Reports on RPAS Workbooks
This document outlines a process to create real-time Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Enterprise Edition reports against RPAS workbooks dynamically, as opposed to directly going against the RPAS domain for the data.
© Oracle Blogs or respective owner