on ASP.net Weblogs
See other posts from ASP.net Weblogs
or by pluginbaby
Published on Tue, 30 Oct 2012 14:55:00 GMT Indexed on 2012/11/01 17:02 UTC
Read the original article Hit count: 177
On October 30, 2012 Steve Ballmer kicked off the first BUILD conference keynote.
Steve shared some insights around Windows 8:
- 4 million customers upgraded to Windows 8 over the weekend since the October 26 release (so in 3 days only!).
- Focus on sharing code between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
- Syncing everything through SkyDrive
- Xbox Music free streaming and Xbox Smart Glass.
He did all the demos himself, showing off great “Windows 8 generation” devices already available (including an 82-inch Windows 8 “slate” by Perceptive Pixel).
Steve Guggenheimer (Microsoft's Corporate Vice President DPE) talked about The Business Opportunity with Windows 8.
Notable announcements of day 1:
- The Windows Phone 8 SDK is now available at dev.windowsphone.com (includes SDK, free version of VS2012, Blend 5, and emulators).
- Release of the .NET Framework for Windows Phone 8: Ability to use C# 5 or Visual Basic 11 features in your code (async programming mode, ...), share code between WP8 and Windows Store apps.
- Windows Phone 8 individual developer registration is reduced to $8 for the next 8 days! (hurry up…)
Note: strange absence of Steven Sinofsky on stage…
Watch the entire keynote online:
Read the full transcript:
© ASP.net Weblogs or respective owner