Getting Started with Employee Info Starter Kit (v4.0.0)
on ASP.net Weblogs
See other posts from ASP.net Weblogs
or by joycsharp
Published on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:48:39 GMT Indexed on 2010/03/19 10:51 UTC
Read the original article Hit count: 710
Visual Studio 2010|
entity framework 4.0
The new release of Employee Info Starter Kit contains lots of exciting features available in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0. To get started with the new version, you will need less than 5 minutes.
Minimum System Requirements
Before getting started, please make sure you have installed Visual Studio 2010 RC (or higher) and Sql Server 2005 Express edition (or higher installed on your machine.
Running the Starter Kit for First Time
1. Download the starter kit 4.0.0 version form here and extract it.
2. Go to <extraction folder>\Source\Eisk.Solution and click the solution file
3. From the solution explorer, right click the “Eisk.Web” web site project node and select “Set as Startup Project” and hit Ctrl + F5
4. You will be prompted to install database, just follow the instruction.
That’s it! You are ready to use this starter kit.
Running the Tests
Employee Info Starter Kit contains a infrastructure for Integration and Unit Testing, by utilizing cool test tools in Visual Studio 2010. Once you complete the steps, mentioned above, take a minute to run the test cases on the fly.
1. From the solution explorer, to go “Solution Items\e-i-s-k-2010.vsmdi” and click it. You will see the available Tests in the Visual Studio Test Lists. Select all, except the “Load Tests” node (since Load Tests takes a bit time)
2. Click “Run Checked Tests” control from the upper left corner.
You will see the tests running and finally the status of the tests, which indicates the current health of you application from different scenarios.
© ASP.net Weblogs or respective owner