Almost every developer has to answer questions from business side like: Why is going to take 2 days to add this simple contact form?
When developer estimates this task, they may divide it into steps:
- make some changes to Database
- optimize DB changes for speed
- add front end HTML
- write server side code
- add validation
- use unit tests
- make sure SEO is setup is working
- implement email confirmation
- refactor and optimize the code for speed
These maybe hard to explain to non-technical person, who basically sees the whole task as just putting together some HTML and creating a table to store the data. To them it could be 2 hours MAX.
So is there a better way to explain why the estimate is high to non-developer?
© Programmers or respective owner