I am building a network containing notably a laptop running XP and a computer running Windows 7. Both computer have shared folders and the 7 has a shared printer, to which another laptop running 7 is able to print.
If I attempt to see the laptop's network shares on the PC, everything works perfectly: I am able to see and enter the folders. The reverse operation however doesn't work. Xp doesn't see the Windows 7 PC.
Other things to note:
- As mentioned above, another Windows 7 computer is able to see the printer and
- I can ping both computers from either PC.
- Both computers are in the same workgroup named ALLAITEMENT
- Password-protected shares are turned off on the PC.
- The 7 Computer uses 40/56 bit encryption
- The Windows XP laptop has SP3
© Super User or respective owner