Yes, this is not programming related but please bear with me =). I run a small niche SaaS business. Lately I've been thinking of traveling and experiencing life in other places. Would really appreciate suggestions for good places a developer could relocate to.
In particular I'm looking for a place that:
- Has good internet connection (cheap stable broadband, lots of places that provide free wifi, etc.)
- Low cost of living (rent and food fairly cheap).
- At least half of the population speak English.
- Has a local courier agent (DHL, Fedex, any...).
- The government allows for extended stay of foreigners.
I'm thinking of staying for about 6 months at each location and maybe doing it for 3 years. So looking for 5 to 6 locations in total. So if any of you think you're staying in a place that would be great for a visiting developer then please shout out. Include as detailed a description as possible. And include any cons about the place if there are.
The only place that pops to mind right now is Bali =). Isle of Skye also seems interesting but I think immigration is tight and cost of living would definitely be higher.
Thanks in advance for suggestions =)
© Stack Overflow or respective owner