I've got an old Eee PC 701 4G with the following specifications:
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB SSD drive SM223AC
- 8GB SD card extension
- Screen resolution: 800 x 480
- BIOS Revision 1101 (05/16/2008)
- EC Firmware version: EPC-079
Windows XP SP3 works fine on it, but I decided to switch my OS to Ubuntu.
I have downloaded an Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Remix ISO and wrote it to my FAT32 SD card using Universal-USB-Installer-220.127.116.11, as described on ubuntu.com
- During standard load from the SD card the boot process hangs up with black screen.
- If I'll press F6 while preloading Ubuntu, it sucessfully displays the boot menu, selecting language and showing 2 main commands: "Run ubuntu from USB drive" and "Insall Ubuntu". Selecting either of these commands leading to the same result - after some background work the main loading indicator is displayed ("Ubuntu" text with dotted progress bar under it), and it's progressing forever without any effect.
Is Ubuntu 10.10 compatible with my Eee PC at all? How to boot it correctly?
© Ask Ubuntu or respective owner