See other posts from Programmers
or by AdityaGameProgrammer
Published on 2011-03-12T11:28:42Z Indexed on 2011/03/12 16:17 UTC
Read the original article Hit count: 345
For a programmer with no prior exposure to databases
- What would be a good database to learn Oracle vs SQLserver vs MySQLvs PostgreSQL?
- I have come across lot of discussion MySQL and PostgreSQL and frankly I am confused on which to start with. Are these very different, in the sense if one had to switch, would the exposure to one be counter-productive to learning the other?
- Is working with databases heavily platform dependent?
- What exactly do people mean by Data base programming vs. administration?
- Do people chose databases based on the programming language used for the application developed?
- In general, Working with databases is it implicit that we work with some server?
- Does the choice of databases differ when it comes to game development? If so what factors does it differ by?
- What are the Best Tips that you have found to be useful when learning databases
Edit: Some FAQ i had and found the same on SO
- What should every developer know about databases?
- Which database if learning from scratch in 2010?
- For a beginner, is there much difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- What RDBMS should I learn/use? (MySql/SQL Server/Oracle etc.)
- To what extent should a developer learn database?
- How are database programmers different from other programmers?
- what kind of database are used in games?
© Programmers or respective owner